Position Title: Executive Director
Status: Full-time exempt
People interested should send their resume to email@example.com
Position Summary: The Executive Director is the senior executive officer of the Foundation, responsible to oversee all aspects of organizational leadership and the primary visionary and fundraiser for the Foundation. The Executive Director is the face of the Foundation to donors and prospective donors, partner organizations, including principally Grace Church, and the community as a whole. The Executive Director is passionate about the mission and strategy of the Grace Care Center, courageous in promoting the Foundation’s mission, purposeful about donor development, and skilled in fund-raising. The Executive Director takes significant initiative to lead and grow the Foundation. The Executive Director is a mature and devoted follower of Jesus Christ. Reporting Structure: The Executive Director reports to the Foundation Board of Directors and interfaces regularly with the Executive Committee of the Board.
- Fundraising – The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of fundraising for the Foundation, including:
- Major donor development – identification, cultivation, and lifting of major corporate and individual donors, including specifically asking for and securing major gifts.
- Annual funding – oversee and develop programs for the identification and cultivation of regular givers to the Foundation.
- Marketing – oversee the development and execution of marketing programs to promote the Foundation.
- Event planning – plan, coordinate, and execute fund-raising events.
- Public relations – work with local media and community at large to promote GCC Foundation programs and events.
- Program Development/Expansion – The Executive Director is responsible to develop plans and strategy, in coordination with the Board of Directors, to facilitate Foundation expansion and growth, specifically as it relates to funding the Grace Care Center, as well as other partner ministries as may be developed.
- Foundation Operations – The Executive Director oversees the operations of the Foundation, including:
- Financial planning and reporting.
- Database management and development.
- Program execution.
- Management – The Executive Director develops and supervises the Project Manager and maximizes his/her effectiveness.
- Grace Church/Care Center Liaison – The Executive Director is the primary interface and goodwill ambassador with Grace Church and the Grace Care Center.
- Board Development – The Executive Director is responsible to work with the Board of Directors to identify and implement board development initiatives. October 2021
Compensation: The Executive Director is paid a competitive salary, with benefits, and is eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus based upon criteria to be developed annually by the Board of Directors.
- Required Skills:
- Fundraising expertise (Certificate in Fund Raising Management preferred)
- Strategic thinking
- Vision casting
- Communication (both verbal and written)
- Relational skills (emotional intelligence) – building relationships with a wide
- Management and operations
- Preferred skills
- Team development
- Board development
- Community development and poverty alleviation
- Cross-cultural skills
- Grant writing
- Required Experiences
- Nonprofit board experience
- Preferred Experiences
- Familiarity with volunteering in the Grace Care Center, or equivalent
- Nonprofit executive leadership
- Familiarity with the Indianapolis philanthropic community